Applications are no longer open. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
• Provide females with (coaching/refereeing) skills to enable them to volunteer, give back to the Muslim community and gain employment in the sports sector
• Reduce financial barriers to sports development for (Muslim) females.
• Increase capacity building for Hijabi Ballers by making a reliable Coaches Database
• Individual must identify as female
• a) Individual must identify as Muslim OR
b) individual must be working in, creating an impact in, or pledging to use their
certification to help advance a Muslim-majority neighbourhood
• Individual must live in the City of Toronto
• Individual must be at least 16 years of age
* Priority will be given to Muslim-identifying females
Successful applicants will receive:
• Funding to get certified as a coach or referee in their sport and program of choice
• Funding to purchase sports equipment, clothing or gear needed to pursue coaching or
refereeing the sport
• 8-10 hours of shadowing a coach at a partner organization
• Future coaching and/or referee opportunities through Hijabi Ballers
• Fundamental Movements Course Certification provided by City of Toronto (for all
applicants, unsuccessful for successful in receiving funding)
• All applicants must apply with no more than ONE certification program for funding
• Application must describe specifics of the program including sport, level, type of
certification (coaching, referee or other), certifying organization and date, time,
location of program (if known)
• The certification program must take place during June, July or August 2019
Along with funding to complete the certification program, also eligible for funding are:
• reasonable travel expenses to and from the certification program (which must take
place in the GTA)
• any equipment or gear needed to either complete the program or effectively pursue
coaching or refereeing opportunities after completion of the program
• fees for membership or registration for certifying organization
* There is no cap on the maximum amount that an applicant can ask for. You can ask for whatever amount you need. Our organization will do our best to provide as many reasonable opportunities for growth as possible through this program.
How to Apply:
• Do your research: You may use the resources below to research and find a program that works for you. What sport? What level? What program?
• Think about why you want to get funding for this program. What will you do with your certification? Why should you receive this opportunity and how will it improve the future for Muslim females in sport in the long-run?
• Create a realistic and well-thought out application and funding request in the google form. Do not rush-- be honest and transparent. We want to help make this possible for you and want to trust that you will follow up with your commitment.
• Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submit your complete application using the form above by Tuesday May 21 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
Resources to find a certification program that works for you:
To register for any course with the Coaching Association of Canada, you will need to sign up with a locker #: https://thelocker.coach.ca/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2f
To register for any course with the City of Toronto, you will need to make an efun account: https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp
Sport Specific NCCP Training: https://www.coach.ca/www.coach.ca/-p154599
List of Recognized Provincial Sports Organizations: http://www.mtc.gov.on.ca/en/sport/sport/pso_listing.shtml
City of Toronto coaching programs: https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/recreation/sports-fitness-leadership-programs/leadership-coaching-programs/
• Instagram Live Info/FAQ Session @HIJABIBALLERS :Saturday May 11 @5PM, Thursday May 16 @7:00pm
• To submit your questions:
o email us email@example.com;
o DM @hijabiballers onInstagram;
o Tweet us @hijabiballers;
o anonymously submit a question at below: